Monday, April 12, 2010

Hand Signs

Yours Truly was so pissed he showed attitude to his warrant officer this morning and got lectured. Not that I actually cared. Was too sick to bother about anything. Anyway, today was rather routine, and the workload is starting to roll in.

Yesterday on the bus to camp I saw this young couple (around my age) alighting. And you know how the exit is made such that only one person can alight at a time from either side of the divider due to ...well, the divider. So this couple was alighting, and they kept holding hands on the way out such that the guy's arm was twisted backwards just to keep her hand in his. Kind of reminds me of me when I was with my ex. And then I realised there are couples who never let go despite the situation. For instance, navigating through an IT fair. Or getting out of a lift.

I have this theory, that I want to try out. It's an assumption from what I observe, and I may be wrong. The couples who insist on holding on to each other's hands (let's say Cat A) are in an "immature" relationship to me, for lack of a better word. "Puppy love", "young love", whatever you want to name it. I think that couples who truly understand (we'll call them Cat B) what relationship and love means, or at least have a better idea about it, or know what exactly they want in relationships, will not do what I mentioned above. The guy would probably let his partner go first, and follow behind. He could hold her hand again after that.

The way I see it, couples in Cat A show that either, or both, partners fear losing that person, ie. not confident of the relationship. Or maybe they do not take it seriously. Hence, I'm pretty sure couples of Cat B would have much higher chances of lasting than those of Cat A. Go ahead, observe couples around the next time. It's a working theory, but there's a high probability.


Shall sleep early tonight. I'm still sick, but nobody seems to notice :\




I've got your picture,
I'm coming with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment