Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bottom Line

Well, NDP went smoother than expected. And had Subway for lunch! The food army gave was just not for humans! Thank God for the rain because that meant we would slack all the way till time to go home! But I have to book in tonight... T_T

Was reading the latest issue of Men's Health, and among the really interesting articles was one about finding the one who is not actually how you planned your "the one" to be. For guys, their partner must be of Megan Fox-standard to qualify. Girls would start with "tall, dark, handsome". But if you were to ask someone for his "what I want my partner to be" list and his real-life partner, you'd realise that they do not match. You may end up marrying a wife who is not as hot as you dreamed of, yet you are satisfied and happy enough. I noticed that this is rather true. And then I thought, sure I see many really good-looking Singapore girls who I wish was mine, but when it boils down to settling down, I would not expect the girl to be so hot just to be my standard. When i think of it, I feel that my future partner need not be like those girls I show my friends who look so stunning. She may wear glasses, may not have the most gorgeous eyes or beautiful smile. But those things would not matter as much as how well she would fit into my life and be amazing the way she is to me. Does that mean my "hotness standard" for girls I want to approach in future will lower in future? Maybe. If yes, I'm pretty sure the reason is not because I want to "just make do with what is there". But rather, because I look for the right things in a partner.

The point is, Kenny, you should just give her a shot. Sure we have a rather not-so-good impression of our memory of her, but Life and love can be full of surprises. Who knows? Maybe we are judging a book wrongly by it's cover. After all, you do not have much to lose. How often does opportunity knock on your door? Not many girls will suddenly chat up with you and show (hopefully genuine) interest in you. I'm not saying she's the one, and I'm pretty sure she does not suit your list of "How my girl should be"(I'm pretty sure #1 is "She is from taiwan"), but maybe the one you are looking for is not suppose to be what you expect! Or ,another way to look at it is if you feel adventurous... -.- 



Maybe, the reason you can't find the right one for yourself,
Is because you've been looking the wrong direction all the while.

No comments:

Post a Comment