Friday, April 30, 2010

Big Step

Today was some big dinner thing in camp, something about 30 years of something. I went only when the food arrived because of my duty. And were those people vultures! By the time I went there was barely any left! And the singing and stuff were rather...boring. It gets better later.

I finally got bored of the programme that I went to the mess to chill. And poor Jing Yuan was trying to chat with some of the beer girls. Unfortunately he said something wrong that screwed it all up.

Then one of the girls stood at the bar counter beside me. And I thought to myself, maybe it's time to grow some balls and just try to chat. Took a lot of mental pushing but I finally did! And I learnt quite a bit. The girls were from various schools, from poly to uni! I tried asking the girl I chatted with to take a photo(there was a photographer snapping pictures) but she turned down. Thought I could keep it as a memoir to remember the day I plucked the courage to talk to a girl for the first time! But of course I respect her decision. And boy did I get some shocking surprises, which makes me more disgusted at the regulars there. Come on, they are young girls. Crowding around them and showing off your stuff is just...demeaning. Like they are THAT low.

And how people like to play rank. I was just chatting with the girl and this guy(i only know he's higher rank because I've seen him around) just came and chat up with her. Just cut in. Good manners you have sir.

Anyway, the girl was rather good with flicking the peanuts into her mouth! I tried too but failed terribly :S When she was leaving with her friends I wanted to ask for her contact. But I was scared. No balls, if you want to call it. Then I realise, maybe it's time to stop being so nervous.

I took a big step. Will you give me a shot? :)

Tomorrow will be busy! Gym, soccer, swim, dinner,lan. Dying to jam! Miss my bass guitar already!

Btw, I ate loads of ikan bilis. Hope my throat doesn't die on me.

Asmond is right. I've got to learn how to drink.



We only live once.
It's make it or break it.

No comments:

Post a Comment