Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sony NWZ B-153F Review



Since I'm so free on duty I shall tell you about this baby I bought yesterday, and not from the PC show. I bought it from Harvey Norman. This is the latest addition to the B-series of Sony's WALKMAN MP3, which are basic audio players with no fancy screens and video playback features.

Let's start with the product itself. The size is really compact, like some lipstick. This is better compared to my iPod Touch which, let's face it, is rather bulky for a MP3 player. It acts like a thumbdrive, which is no news. It comes in red, black, light blue and pink.

Features. Well, it is meant to be a basic player, so it's only a music player. Also, you can record voice. But what it has that beats (most) iPods is that it has radio. C'mon, what's an MP3 player without radio? The lack of radio is a big drawback for iPod Touch. Glad the 4th Geb Nano has it though. Anyway, back to this player. The sound quality is rather good, and it may be due to the new $60 Sony earphones I bought with the MP3 player. The player does come with earphones, but not the kind I prefer. One thing awesome about this player is the Bass function, which makes the bass really, really good. Furthermore, I'm a bassist, so I tend to appreciate it more. There's equalizer too, so don't fret.

The player also boasts a really long battery life for a rather short charging time. I'd tell you how long, but you can find that out yourself. I'm not exactly Sony.com.

Transferring music is a breeze. Simply drag and drop. Or use the Windows Media Player to organise your music. Plus, this baby can act as a thumbdrive!

The B-153F comes only in 4GB, but at a price of $99, which includes a 1-year Sony warranty (mine has a subsequent 2- year Harvey Norman warranty), I'd say this is a decent price for a decent player that does not disappoint. If you complain about how primitive it is to use, then all I can say is "Fuck off." because I did mention that it is meant to be a basic MP3 player. I give it a 4.5 out of 5!






Nothing compares to
A quiet evening alone.
Just the one, two
I was just counting on.

~Paramore - Crushcrushcrush

No comments:

Post a Comment