Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Long Freedom Break

My bunk has a TV, and this TV can receive indonesian channel. Or is it malaysian? And when it shows world cup, everyone comes to my bunk to watch. Everytime I was about to fall asleep they would shout "Goal! Goal! GOAL GOAL GOAL NOOOOOO!" I praised the Lord when the match ended at midnight. Thankfully they did not watch the 2:30am match, or I would be a zombie today!

Today simulator training was easy and slack! And had loads of fun with the people. But I was so exhausted I dozed off in the afternoon. When we came back to camp we found out everyone else had nights out, so why not us? It's more for them, because I'm booking out today :) And apart from the run at Pasir Ris park this friday and NDP at Padang, I'm only booking in next Monday night! Bring in the champagne!

While at simulator training my staff sergeant sms-ed me asking how come my off was already approved. He said "don't make me treat you like an operator" and wanted to deduct my off. Why? Because I did not get his blessing first. He says I need to ask him first, then ask officer. But come on. Last week I asked the officer, while you were all " wait till next week". And this week came and maybe you do not realise but I did not have any chance to ask you because I was at simulator training at another camp! And by the time I reached back you were already at some recce for NDP! So, genius, how would I get you to sign my off? Want to deduct my off? Go ahead. The right has nothing to fear.

Had dinner with my operators! Had Pastamania. Some of them went to bet on soccer. The time spent betting is not worth the money. But not too bad, because you bet $10 and if you win, you get $70! And one of them was telling me about how much he loved his dog which died at the age of 12. And in my mind I thought the dog was some golden retriever or Lassie. Then he told me it was a chihuahua. I'm sorry but I did not see that coming XD

Now on the way home. On the bus there was this sergeant in uniform and me, in civvies, boarding the bus. Just nice we wanted to walk down the middle, then we offered each other the same time, took a step at the same time... Damn funny and a bit embarassing. Then I insisted he went first. I just stood there. Lol

Shall swim tomorrow! And apply for driving. Unless I feel lazy again :P

I semi-brick my PSP :( Shall try to save it later!

Aging population is another reason to worrying about finding a gal :D





Here we come, here we go, we gotta rock
Easy come, easy go, now we on top
Feel the shot, body rock, rock it, don't stop
Round and round, up and down, around the clock

~ Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment