Thursday, May 26, 2011

Taking A Break

Okay, I'm gonna take some time off my studying to blog. Because right now I'm not sure if my brain's registering anything anymore.

I realized that army strips us guys of our facets we portray outside. Don't understand? Let me explain. Outside, you may dress with style or have some sick hairstyle, which gives you an ego boost and you'll act cool and stuff. Or you are a real gentleman when you're out with friends. But in army, your head's shaved, and you are going through the same shit as every other guy. In army, you see a person for how he truly is inside. All the composure is lost, and all you see is a guy who's either crying for his mommy or just plain pathetic. It's really quite interesting how a person can disguise his character so well.

For instance, the guy who threw the smoke grenade at me, when it should have been in front of me. I think I've mentioned him in a very, very old post. But in a nut shell, he's just a doofus, and pathetic. If we went to war, I'd try not to put my life in his hands. Anyway, recently when Jeff showed me the SMU website and all the student photos, I showed Kenny that guy. Kenny looked at the photo of the guy, whose head was now full of hair like us ORD-ed personnel, and said, "Are you sure? he looks decent." It made me realize how hard it is to see a person's soul under his guise.

So ladies, if you want to know your guy for what he truly is, best is find out how he was like in army. You may not know it, but maybe your boyfriend is actually a very lousy team player. Or he's a boot-licker. Or maybe he's a backstabbing A-hole.

As for me, I learnt quite a bit about myself. It's not a good thing, but realizing it allowed me to change myself for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment