Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fair Fair Fair

Let's start the day from the top, shall we?haha

It's funny. Now that the term 3A is over, I'm not sure what to do with my free time. I should seriously enjoy it while it lasts, but I feel rather lost. I don't feel as excited about anime, there's no How I Met Your Mother episodes to look forward to, and even Spongebob Squarepants is not cheering me up.

So I decided to help my friend buy his monitor for his computer. Expo was having some "Electronics and Car Sale(?)" and unfortunately, there were many other events happening these few days. So the Expo is packed packed packed! Traffic was already slow at Tanah Merah MRT station there, hence it's lucky I took the train. The fair was really crowded! And Singaporeans are really frustrating. I'm a Singaporean and I'm complaining. Wait... typical Singaporeans only know how to complain. I'm displeased. When I went to the Acer booth, some guy there wanted to hand me a flyer. I gestured to him I was not interested, and he gave that kind of unhappy look. Moving on. While waiting for one guy to get my order, one of the female colleagues was staring at me. She dressed like an Ah Lian, and had grey contact lenses, which really freaked me out and I looked away. After I made my purchase, I was suppose to take my receipt to the other side of the booth to claim my product. However, I wasn't sure where it was, so I asked a staff who was sitting in front of a computer and printer. I kindly said, "Excuse me." and his reply was "什么"("what" in Chinese). Really, what kind of rude reply is that? Then when I got the product, I wanted to ask the person whether the free cables are inside the box, and his tone was not very helpful. What Acer sluts.

So, now lugging a huge-ass monitor (21.5-inch), I had to maneuver my way through the crowd. And the thing about Singaporeans is, they are not patient. The "traffic" is slow, so barging through with an "excuse me" is not exactly being polite. Best are the people who block the way. I was stopped by a lady standing in the middle of a path carrying her baby. I overtook her and realized it was her husband who was blocking the way. I don't know why, but he was just standing there stoning, facing the HP laptops. At one section sold fans, so this old man happily suddenly stopped in front of me to enjoy the fan. Nice one, mate. The best was when some lady, who was being led/dragged by her and her boyfriend's entwined hands, stepped on my foot. Now, I was wearing slippers, and her foot happily covered half of mine. I only turned and saw their backs as they walked away. Why are you holding hands in such a congested place? Even so there's no hurry! From her size, I doubt you can actually lose her in the crowd man.

Finally made my way to the MRT station, donated a dollar to the students collecting donations, and went home. Now, I know people say $1 is rather stingy, but I only had that and a $10 note. If I can, I'd drop a $2 note. On the train back I stood at the entrance there, leaning on the glass. At Bedok, this group of Indian kids(no offence to my Indian friends) suddenly squeezed in in the last minute. I swear, if I were the Hulk, they'd be splatter in seconds. There was already not much space, yet they squeezed. The girl standing right in front of me was carrying a school bag that was rather huge, and it kept crushing me. Them talking so loud was not helping either. I was so pissed off and squashed that I got off at Kembagnan  station rather than Eunos.

After dropping the monitor home I went down to the pool to cool off. It was rather relaxing, and I tried to attack the pigeons. But it's rather boring to relax in the pool alone, and by half and hour I was so bored that I decided to go home.

Went to the Licence2Play convention at Suntec in the evening. basically there was a cosplay competition, video games, and toys. I went there for the toys. I really enjoyed walking around all the toy booths and seeing new or old toys I've not seen before. Saw a few cosplayers on the way to Suntec and in the convention hall itself. Also saw this secondary school junior of mine who is into cosplay. Took him a while to recognize me, but I can't blame him. However, he commented, "Oh my God you are so tall now!" Really, why does everyone only remember me for being so short in secondary school?!haha Although it feels good when people say I've grown :3

There's this game, which I think is Audition. Basically it's a music game where you hit the falling notes at the right time to earn points. The thing is, the keys fall upwards. So those hardcore gamers placed a mirror in front of them, and played through that mirror. The mirror makes it look like notes falling down instead. I also saw a Blackshot 1v1 booth. Basically, a person can challenge a member of some really good Singapore clan in a round of Blackshot, which is basically a shooting game. When I went there, some female player from the clan was challenged by some teenager. The booth had two monitors to allow us to see both players' screens at the same time. Some little boy had to stand so near the monitors that I had problem seeing. Okay, I just move a bit to the right. Then some old Indian guy slowly edged his way between me and the boy, which was rather irritating. Next, the kid's mother also came to squeeze in front. Turns out the whole family was there. I saw the younger brother and the father and the maid. The maid was holding some red balloon on a stick, and the balloon kept hitting my face. The younger brother joined his sibling to block my view. Back to the game. The lady owned the teenager, who got a participation prize. The next challenger was from Hougang, and was the "best player in Hougang" or something. And he was good. Better than the lady. And the lady can thrash my ass in Blackshot any day. That's how good they are. Remember the younger brother I mentioned? Well, he decided to play too. But by his turn the clan player rotated to some guy. Now, the kid was average, and the guy gave the kid a chance by using a revolver to kick his butt. Honestly, I didn't mind. I was quietly happy to see him get owned. I'm such an evil guy.lol


Met the gang at Manhattan Fish Market, and the fish is so sinful! All the crispy, oily stuff. Argh...


Kung Fu Panda 2 was hilarious! More serious than the first, but really good nonetheless!


I want to sleep, but I want to download the latest X-men anime episode and watch it first.


Community Service Project meeting tomorrow. Better help as much as I can, considering I'll be going overseas the days just before the camp. Feel rather bad about it.


Hmmm my ex birthday party is over, and either I said no on the Facebook event page or she booted me out. Now, I'm not mad or anything that she booted me out, so don't see her in a bad light. It just that it got me thinking, am I a jerk?

No comments:

Post a Comment