Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Drive Me Crazy

I passed! I'm feeling more relieved than happy. Really. Totally could not sleep last night. I went to bed at 10 plus, somehow woke up at around midnight and lay awake on my bed until 1 plus, before I decided to play my PSP to tire myself out.

Before the test was the warm-up, which went smoothly. Either that or the instructor did not bother to point out my mistakes. I personally feel it was the latter. I'll explain that later. I first had to go to the warm-up room, and when I saw the sign I saw this message below it "please be there 15 minutes earlier". Like wth! My receipt did not say anything about that! But the driving instructors were really warm and friendly, and did not bother about me being right on time. There was only another (school) driver taking the test apart from me. Turns out there were quite a number of private learners taking their driving today. I counted around 13(?) including me.

My test was okay. I liked the car I that was using, because it was much smoother to control than my usual car for lessons. The tester greeted me with a good morning, which I took as a good sign. During the entire circuit his laptop was under the seat, which I assumed was a good thing. He did not even do the emergency break test. Then we went out to the road, and he made me drive to Eunos Link. Now, I do not really take note of where I drive; I simply listen to the instructor's words. Only on the road did I realize that he started to take out his laptop and tap. I was like, Oh shit how bad is it? He took it out a total of two times, so I was doing the maths. I needed 20 points to fail, so if each time he took out his tablet PC he deducted 10 points, I would fail. But was 10 points possible? Then I thought back, and realized the tester was rather quiet. Were they usually this silent? Maybe I missed out something from the very beginning and he had already failed me, but decided to run me through for fun. After that U-turn at Eunos Link, he directed me back to the driving centre. The test ended faster than I expected, but I checked my watch and I saw that it took me around 30 mins. Huh.

Anyway he led me to the second floor to compute my results, and asked me to wait outside first. While waiting, this girl approached me, looking nervous, and asked me if I just took my test. I said yes, and she asked how many points would be deducted for going to the wrong lane. She explained that she was asked to go up the slope in the circuit, but she took the wrong turn and went up the slope meant for the opposite direction. I offered to check my blue book, as it showed the marking scheme. She was a private learner; she did not have one. But somehow I could not find my damn blue book! I'm so fucking useless. When I was heading to school I saw that my blue book was in my bag all along. WTH. Anyway, I apologized for not being able to find the book, but told her it would not be so bad. I knew nothing, but I wanted to help her calm down a bit. Then the tester called me in, and sat down facing me with a piece of paper on the table. I could not see the paper properly, but I expected a big, fat "Pass" or "Fail" to be on it. Unfortunately, I could see nothing from my angle. Then the tester talked to me in a very disappointed tone, with the hint of "you are so lousy that you just failed" tone. He kept talking about how poor my lane changing was, saying that my lane changing was cmi and all. After that he got up and passed me the paper, without telling me whether I passed or failed. I had to ask him to know that I actually passed. I think he found my lane changing to be terrible, after being satisfied with my circuit performance, so he reluctantly gave me a pass. I got 18 points, and all from the Eunos Link lane changing. LOL

My photo was rejected by the lady at the counter, and I had to spend $7 to re-take my photo. Just because my eyebrows were a bit blocked. Sheesh. Anyway had to go for this video screening, meaning I had to return to the warm-up room I was at earlier. When I went in I saw the other only school learner from earlier talking with the driving instructor. From what I could hear it seems she failed. When I handed my result slip to the driving instructor, he said my score was actually not bad, because my circuit was perfect and I survived Eunos Link. I'm not sure if he said it to make me feel better or if he really meant it. For the video screening, which only the people who pass attends, only 5 of us showed up. Means the other 8 failed. Scary... The video showed a lot of pictures of accidents, which were rather explicit. I already don't plan to drive; the videos make me not want to drive even more.

Anyway I got my temporary license and am waiting for the arrival of my official one. After all the nonsense I came to school, and here I am now in the library blogging this!

Also, the weather is freaking hot right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment