Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Layout!

Hello all! I've decided to change my blog background and layout. Sort of to give the blog a fresh new look! Hope you guys like it! I was thinking whether to change the picture on the top of the blog, but I quite like the picture and title the way it is, so I won't change it anytime soon. Also, the album pictures on the side... I'm wondering if I should remove them...

Watching Power Rangers movie now! Classic movie!

Yesterday I was watching the series Every Singaporean Son, and I must say it's quite amusing to see the recruits training, considering I've ORD-ed. They do show how BMT training is done, although I find it fake because the commanders are too kind. From what I know, vulgarities are bombarded on you if you do something wrong. Like for one episode, a recruit Kenneth(who I think is from TPJC) lost a rifle magazine during the training, and the commander's scolding was just some lecture. No profanities in that "scolding". Got balls to scold, then must have balls to show lah(pardon my Singlish)! And Kenneth's reply of "Sir, can I say something? I'm willing to accept any punishment you give to me." Why does it feels like he's doing it for the camera?

There was one episode where the guys were doing their IPPT. At the re-test for pull-ups, I notice the camera only showed the upper half of the recruits' bodies. And judging by how hard pull-ups are for these guys, when I see them somehow able to do from 0 to 6 I'm quite doubtful. Even their body motion seems to say that they are kicking their legs(which is not allowed during pull-ups).

There's one guy in the series that keeps smiling, which I find damn irritating. He looks like the kind of guy who will surely be poked fun of by everyone if not for the television crew. His skills are not very good, everything also smile, very the buay ta han(pardon my Singlish again). If I were his sergeant I'll definitely give him a one-time-good-one.

Certain things are nostalgic of course. I saw the episode on the field camp, where the guys are given letters from their loved ones. Oh, and the digging of shell scraps. Grenade throwing, SOC...

I cannot believe they have paintball fights in BMT! So unfair! Why didn't they think of that during my time?

One episode showed the recruits booking out for the weekend and hanging out or meeting their girlfriends. Quite stupid of guys to talk about their army life to their girlfriends. You can tell from the video that the gal is not interested in such things, and I don't blame her. Another guy is even better. He brings his girlfriend along and hang out with his army pals. She looks bored to hell.

Honestly, after yesterday, I don't feel like even touching my bass for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment