Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Like It's Your (3rd) Birthday

I'm not sure am I slow, but today I found out that The 3rd Birthday is finally out in English. The 3rd Birthday is a PSP game, which seems to have been highly anticipated. I've only just started playing it, so I don't know much. All I know is you control Aya Brea, sending your soul back to the past and check out the "Babels", or something. Basically, some alien stuff appeared in the world and slaughtered people. Considering how I'm suddenly thrown into the story, I cannot be blamed for feeling a bit lost.
Like I mentioned, the game throws you into the action pretty fast. You see a small cutscene of the aliens emerging on Christmas, people getting killed... and you see Aya Brea, the main character, getting ready to send her soul back to the past to investigate this incident. You are capable of jumping from soul to soul, taking over any person's body while in the past.
The gameplay reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles and Metal Gear Solid. The former because of how you can control the troops and position them during clashes to your advantage; the latter because it's third-person yet has first-person view when using weapons. Now, I'm not a big fan of FPS games on consoles, but because this game automatically locks onto the enemy, I'll let it pass. You can buy a lot of weapons, it seems, but you have to unlock them. Plus, you can upgrade your weapons.
The graphics are really good. In fact,it reminds me of Final Fantasy. The Japanese are really impressive people.

I also finally patched Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai Portable to play! It's funny when the start of the game is a video of the gameplay of God Eater. When I first saw it I thought I could play around, which I actually could not. I was wondering what the video was for then, when I saw the players names. "Kyosuke", "S. Vageena" and "BLACK CAT", and I knew that it was them. Turns out it was a video of them playing God Eater together, which was rather hilarious. Kyosuke's character was down, but the other two were engrossed in fighting the boss. He keeps calling out to them to revive him before the timer is up, but they seem to ignore him. Saori tries to revive him at the last second, but it was too late.LOL

Sket Dance manga is really good! It keeps the plots to 1-2 chapters, and it is funny in almost every panel! Too bad the anime only picks certain chapters out of the 100+ chapters of the manga. That's freaking a lot! Amazing! And the anime has only aired one episode...

No comments:

Post a Comment