Monday, April 4, 2011

K-On!

This post is all about K-On! So if you think it's a waste of time skip this post!

I'm currently halfway in season 2 of K-On!, which is called K-On!! (extra exclamation mark). I'm not sure how I suddenly took interest in this particular anime. I think because I've heard of it before, and when I go to Comics Connection stores I see the merchandise for it. I went to check out the anime, and it is about music, so I decided to give it a shot.

What I like about it is that it's a comedy, slice of life kind of anime. There's no depressing scenes, no plot twist, no blood, no darkness... just a very funny, entertaining show. It's nice to watch something relaxing from the usual stuff like Infinite Stratos, Myself; Yourself, Bleach... I guess I like more "realistic" anime like Nodame Cantabile and Bakuman.
You tend to realize that K-On! episodes are rather random and just plain. There's no main storyline to connect the episodes together. Today I went to check out the manga for K-On!, and realized that the manga is actually like the anime. In fact, the manga is done in small strips. The anime simply put the strips of one chapter in the manga into one episode. Which is totally fine with me.
K-On! has a nice feel to it. It's an anime where I can truly relax and enjoy without worrying about potential plots or villains, or worry about death of any characters nor love triangles. The characters are fun to watch in their own way, and their chemistry only makes it better.
One thing that really, really appeals to me is the songs. Until today, K-On! is the only anime which I listen to the entire soundtrack. Their songs, including those in the openings and endings, are rather spectacular. The songs are the kind that, even put on replay, you won't get tired of them. And the OP and ED videos are rather cool themselves. Despite being schoolgirls, their ED make them look more mature, along with the song itself. Especially "NO, Thank You!" ED. That one is by far the most impressive among all  of them.
There's even a PSP game for this anime, which I have in my PSP for quite some time, just that I've been busy with Persona 3 Portable :D At least I get to play the songs from the anime. Plus, that game can play up to 5 players(since there are 5 instruments in the HTT band).
My favourite character is Azusa Nakano, who is one year younger than all the other members in the band. Somehow she has this "cute" factor. She's the only anime character so far in all the anime series I've watched that can be so cute! But to expect the gentle Azu-nyan to be Kirino is quite... dumbfounding...

"What? No season 3?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment