Saturday, August 13, 2011

BBQ, Chats, Suit Up!

I'll start with my recount of Thursday before I talk about yesterday's convocation! Thursday was iConserve BBQ!But before that my group Popeyes decided to meet up to go cycling first. Stupad woke up late; no surprise there. So I ended up being at East Coast Park on time, and had to kill time before the rest arrived. Stupad still can ask me buy for her McValue lunch!

The girls rented bicycles while Jeff and I brought our own. I was using my sister's old road bike, and it's not very good. I think I'd prefer the rental bikes, honestly. We cycled quite far down, until some joker did some failed stunt at this steep uphill path. So we took a break, snap some shots, then headed back to Lagoon food center for drinks. We saw that Mediacorp guy! Julian something... he was walking his 3 dogs! I was starting to feel the aching on my butt and my legs had the feeling of going to cramp on the cycle back to the BBQ pit, but fortunately I made it that far.

The BBQ was smaller than I expected, people-wise. But it was still fun nonetheless! And hearing about the ghostly encounters from one of the camp's fright night... scary but interesting! XD My group went to Subway to play cards and eat cookies after the BBQ, and I had to cycle home from there... at least it beats taking the bus down and walking!

Friday started with me selling my management science textbook, before meeting Eric and Ying Hao for...snacking? Eric had lunch while we two had snacks at KFC. Anyway, we shared stories and Eric's one is so shocking! Every time I think of that thing he said my jaw still drops!

Convocation! Had to buy white shirt and black pants just for it! But after yesterday, I think it's totally worth attending convocation! Not because convocation was awesome(it was OK only), but because of my FTB group! Seriously, Charmander brings out the crazy side of me.  I went to buy the birthday cake for Jeremy and Rachel, which was meant to be a surprise. But Yong Kit accidentally blurted it out to Jeremy over the phone! LOL

Jeremy and I spent convocation "initiating" the clapping at times, and tried to do wolf whistles and stuff. Our group escaped during toilet break to grab a bite! Which was good, because then we skipped two talks. And I think I group is really damn camwhore-ish! We can take photos even in the lift at the MRT station!

We went to Bras Basah McDonalds' after the convocation, which was my idea. I chose that place because I expected it to be relatively empty as compared to the outlets at Raffles City and Suntec City. However, there were a lot of students studying there, which is quite irritating. I mean, I want to go there to eat, but you students selfishly just study there without even buying anything to eat. So we bought our food and went back to school to eat at a group seminar room!

The birthday cake had so many candles! 3 big and 12 small ones! Plus, we got a slice of cake smashed to Jeremy's face! I think all this face-smash thing is going to be a trend in the group! Overall, it was definitely a fun time last night!

Oh and I hate wearing that smart casual outfit. Or at least, the pants. So baggy! People will probably think I've fat, meaty legs or something. Give me a pair of jeans any day!

Now, to prepare for school! Bummer...

And I'm so sick of Dragon Age 2 having me fight those huge spiders. I. HATE. IT. Suddenly this BIG spider drops from the ceiling to engage my team. Scared the shit out of me.


We are young, we run green,
Keep our teeth, nice and clean,
See our friends, see the sights, feel alright

~ Supergrass - We Are Young


PS. Convocation photos courtesy of Wei Jia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment