Friday, June 24, 2011

We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day


I've just watched the last episode of Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, translated as "We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day", or AnoHana in short. I expected it to end after 13 episodes, which is usually the number of episodes on season of an anime. So when I downloaded episode 11 and saw the word "Final" on the title, I was pretty shocked.

After the cliffhanger of the previous episode, I expected 3 episodes to cover Menma's true wish before she can move on to Heaven. However, they managed to put it into one episode, which is quite a good move. The last episode was filled with emotions and truths, and saying goodbye to a childhood friend is rather sad yet touching, so I admit, I did tear up seeing the characters opening up to each other like that. And when everyone could finally see Menma before she moved on was just so touching...

In a whole, this anime was rather good. Sure, it was not exactly slice of life or comedy kind, which is my usual preference in anime, but I like the story and how the characters feel so realistic that we can relate to. And even though I knew that the ending would be a tearjerker, I could not stop myself from, well, getting my tears jerked (okay that sounded a bit wrong). I love AnoHana, as in the anime. I never say I love the character.haha

Goodbye, Menma

No comments:

Post a Comment