Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cosplay Research

I've been checking out a lot of cosplay events and stuff just to see what people do, and realize that Singapore is more anime-inclined than comics-inclined. Means I'll see more anime cosplayers than I'd see one Spider-man cosplay. Hence, I wish to go to San Diego Comic Con! However, the tickets are already all sold out, and it's one month before the event! Damn sad. Looks like I'll make do with Singapore Toys, Games and Comics Convention in August. I saw the Youtube videos on the cosplay competition CosCon during the STGCC in 2009, and was quite surprised the Pac-man monster won. Maybe because his outfit was done by him, while those like the Hellgate and Predator cosplays were bought and pre-made already. Still contemplating on whether to make my outfit for cosplaying. But I just want to wear it at a Comic Con and step into a world full of comics and all that... one day I'll attend a Comic Con. Promise.haha And I don't understand why people like to mock those who cosplay. Sure, they are oversized, or their costumes are not very good, but to criticize so badly is just plain asshole. Even if I do find it off, I'd keep it to myself. Some people are just... dicks.

So yeah... that's more or less what I do with my free time. Even anime has lost it's appeal to me. All that's in my mind is planning the costume.My friends probably will laugh when(or if) I get the costume done. But I just want to give this cosplay thing a try. I mean, hey, next time you guys can tell your kids how uncle Jan once wore a superhero costume in his younger days. We only have one life; why not do things that you'll never get to do when you're dead?

Gym today, PC show, and also Jokhie's father's wake. Take care Jokhie.

winningateverything.com. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment