Thursday, June 2, 2011

Flyer Flyer Pants On Fire

First of all: Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai is over! I know most of you either don't know what that anime is, but to me it's one of the few anime I really love. It's at top place, second going to... K-ON!? K-ON! has a lot of awesome songs, and it's the nicest slice of life kind of anime I've watched so far. As for Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai, despite the fact that this is true route, which I had assume there would be some very wrong love between the two(go wiki "incest"), I'm quite glad the anime ended with no, or very little, hint of possible forbidden feelings between the two. To me, they just remain normal. No weird romance. Just a normal pair of sibling. Happy ending :)

So, now about my day. Today we gave out flyers about our newspaper collection that's in two weeks time for our community service project. We had to settle an area of Tampines today, and it made me realize that the folks staying at the blocks just across the street of Tampines Mall are damn lucky! You can cross the road to access 3 malls, a bus interchange, a MRT station, catch a movie, enjoy a huge selection of fast food, shop at places like Uniqlo, Topshop, Isetan, etc. Man, I want to stay at Tampines!

Also, I realize that there are a lot of Chinese people staying there. Today when giving out flyers door-to-door, countless of people ask me to speak in mandarin, which I totally suck at. When they spoke to me in Chinese, my mind just went blank. I couldn't even say "19 June" in Chinese. Fortunately, Jeff was there to help me.

There was one house, and inside was this old Indian or Malay lady. I wanted to tell her about the flyer I'm giving out. here's the conversation:
Me: "Hi, I'm from SMU-"
Lady: "Wait!"
Me: "I'm here about a newspaper collection-"
Lady: "Wait!"
Me: "It's on 19 June-"
Lady: "Wait!"

Me: "No, ma'am I'm not here to collect newspaper subscription money."

At one house, this old lady was standing at the door, as if she was waiting for us. And she spoke some mixture of Chinese and a dialect. Totally did not understand majority of what she said, but I nodded and gave her the flyer. Walking down the corridor again I saw her still standing there. Jeff said she probably had nothing to do.

At one level we saw this lady frying mushrooms at the staircase. Power.

There was one house where the door was open, but the gate closed. There were two rather sickly looking dogs barking at me, and the old man sitting inside just looked at me. So I threw the flyer in through the window. No way I was bringing my hand near the door.

Jeff managed to give flyer to a house with a chio bu!

I think one lady tried to teach me Chinese by making me talk about the flyer in Chinese -.-

Some people have too much money. To make the front door and gate so high-class looking...

One block can have up to six lifts. Nice.

At one block, for every floor, 2 units had access to lift only, while another 2 units had access to stairs only.

I saw one unit that had a f***ing awesome interior.

(Hopefully)The Hangover 2 tomorrow, and X-men:First Class on Saturday! Plus Domino's and swimming!


Time to sleep.

Is there anybody
Out there,
In here?

No comments:

Post a Comment