Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sucker Punch Is ???

Downloading Ultraman episodes the past few days! So glad someone bothered to upload them, with English subtitles too! Even though it's a really old show(1966), I kind of enjoy it. Sure, it's predictable and the plot is rather lame, but it's nice to appreciate the old stuff!

Been looking at common Japanese phrases. Shall start learning some Japanese!

Booked my driving test today! 3rd May shall be the final showdown between me and the car! Once that is done, I'll not drive any time soon. The final theory test was okay, but it sucked that it poured when I went there. I went into the room soaked, and the air conditioner was blowing directly at my seat. Like the basic theory, I just rushed through the test and left. The stupid rain spoiled my mood to do the paper slowly. But I passed, nonetheless, with only one wrong answer :D

After the test I went jamming with the gang. It's been quite a while since I played such "lively" songs; feels really good. Nostalgic, in fact. But it was a great time! We even extended another hour! Dinner was at Empire State, where the food was good yet pricey. Oh, it is at this mall called Iluma, which is rather empty for a mall. But they have Comics Connection! Heh. Dinner was satisfying, and CR made me laugh so hard I had to stop eating my ice cream for fear of choking on it. I spent quite some time trying to explain superheroes to the guys, especially when I told them about all the Robins that Batman had. Somehow, we watched movie after that. Before the movie we killed some time watching some kids play Dance Dance Revolution at the arcade there. Those kids are really good at it! One of them did most of the song backwards too! Impressive, but it shows how much of their youth was wasted on the machine.

We watched Sucker Punch, and I swear by the end of the movie I was still lost. People say Inception is confusing, or that Watchmen is random. After you watch Sucker Punch, you'd think Inception is as simple as Shrek. The plot was not even a plot. The girl dances, and suddenly she's in another world. I somehow feel that the director tried to make the movie like some anime. The main character wore a school uniform like those you see in Japanese anime. Her eyes are like, huge, like anime. The action seems to be following that of an anime. The only thing worth praising is the action scenes. I was quite impressed with the huge samurai and the dragon. But the story just pulls everything down. It was so ridiculous that I saw Kenny grinning with the "this is just wth" look, Jeff smiling with "this does not make sense at all" face, and CR with "I'm-so-bored-what-am-I-doing-here-why-they-bring-me-here-I-can-download-this-at-home-in-HD" written all over his face. Somehow the mayor in the movie made me think of CR.haha Vanessa Hudgens does nothing in the movie. She's just some calefare there to cry, throw a monkey wrench in the plan and die.


The sucker ain't any of them;
it's us viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment