Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wish You, Wish Me

Long time since I've blogged! It's been days, but feels like ages! Mainly because I did not have the time, but it's also because army life is getting dull. But now, since I'm on duty, I'll update my blog!

Recently there seem to be many birthdays. Which means a lot of wishing. And I was thinking, imagine somebody you did not wish happy birthday when it was his, but he wished you on yours, won't you feel like you "owe" him a wish? I'd be like, " Note to self: need to wish him happy birthday on his birthday too." But it feels good to receive so many wishes on your birthday, right? Imagine logging into Facebook to see so many notifications... I know you people enjoy it too!

Came back from outfield on Thursday night, and fortunately I did not get raped by mosquitoes or sandflies. Thanks Kevin for your mosquito coils. I'll definitely give you your Double Cheeseburger!

On the night that we moved out, while on the road, a chartered bus carrying small kids was moving alongside my vehicle. And those young kids were looking at us in awe. Some even waved at us. Now, I know we are not allowed to wave back, but I did. I gave them a salute and waved back at them. It makes me feel like this army shit was actually worth doing. Its the young ones that really appreciate our army crap, not the people.

Such a busy month! I cannot even go for the paintball. Because of YOG opening... dammit. Oh well... duty calls. Have to suck thumb and do it. Should make the army pay for my paintball though. Not cheap.


I cannot look you in the eyes anymore,
Because I don't respect you no more.





There must be something more
Do we know what we're fighting for
Breathe in, breathe out
Breathe in, breathe out
And all these masks we wore
We never knew what we had in store
Breathe in, breathe out
Breathe in, breathe out

~ Secondhand Serenade - Something More

No comments:

Post a Comment