Sunday, August 1, 2010

(Fire)Work Of Art

Today was the NDP preview, and city march was hell. It was so long, the wait was longer, and the march back to Suntec City was even longer! Plus there was no water so we were all dying. Funny thing, as we marched past Marina Sands Residence some joker played a vuvuzela for fun!

Sure the day was crap, the food was crap, my feet ached, but none of that mattered when I saw the most awesome display of fireworks in my life. Now, I never was a big fan of fireworks before today. I've seen it on television in past NDP, and from afar in my house. I've never felt like it was a big deal. It was just... sparks flying in the air. So? I did not see the joy of watching fireworks.

But tonight, standing at Marina Sands shopping centre, I saw many kinds of fireworks explode before my eyes into various colours and forms. One even made the crescent and the 5 stars! And sometimes it felt like the fireworks were getting closer to me, when they did continuous shooting of fireworks into the sky. Such a magical sight that takes your breath away! And the wonderful display ends with a huge cloud of smoke that slowly dissipates and reveal the night sky. Really cannot wait for the actual NDP! I'm sure the fireworks will be better!





'Cause when a heart breaks,
No it don't break even.

~ The Script - Breakeven

No comments:

Post a Comment