Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pools Ponder

I was leaving camp when I walked past the Singapore Pools just outside my camp. I noticed a huge crowd inside, all waiting to buy their numbers or whatever. And majority are old folks.

I never did see the point of buying Toto of 4D or what name they call it. Sure you think you're paying only a tiny bit once in a while to try your luck. Maybe after your 20 years of fruitless trying you'll sit down, count the amount you spent on this, and realised you could be riding your dream car right now.

And its always the old folks. I think it is probably common enough for it to be considered a hobby for them. All they needed was their retirement cash in one hand and luck on the other.

Another thing about this is how people tend to think the dead can bring fortune to them in 4D. When a relative moves to the other world, everyone grieves. But once the grief is over everyone starts taking down numbers like D.O.D. to use for 4D.

Yesterday I was telling my mom I dreamt of my deceased cousin. She immediately went to take out the orbituary page of him which she kept from the newspaper and started looking for some numbers to bet on. True story.

When I grow old, you won't see me stepping into Singapore Pools. I'll probably be too busy watching classic cartoons or reading Archie Comics.


Love.
Either fall in,
or fake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment