Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's The Lil' Things That Count

NDP was... more tolerable than usual. My contingent moved fast, we were on time, and the crowd goes wild! The crowds were huge! I think some photographer took a photo of me leaning on the pillar just now O.O Lunch was Pizza Hut, but the food was cold. Note to self: cold chicken wings are not nice! But Nicholas seemed to enjoy it and asked for extras LOL

For once we were leaving early at 8:30pm! But just as we went down to the pick up point we were told our buses were sent to pick the primary school kids instead of us at last minute because their buses were lost somewhere. Sure at first I felt angry, wondering why Life kick you in the nuts when least expected. Then I realised it was okay. I rather be in that situation then going home while all these young kids wait till God-knows-what time for their buses. By then what time will they reach home? Their parents would worry, and these kids need to rest after an exhilarating day of NDP. I'm glad they got home according to schedule at least. The one hour wait was worth it. Because today I was watching the NDP from one side, thinking that NDP was stupid and lame and whatever. But I saw these young kids cheering and enjoying themselves. It hit me that I actually envied them. I learnt from them to enjoy the little things. Sure NDP is hell, where I get f***ed from all directions, but in the end it's worth the crap. Seeing their excited faces as the planes flew by, their happiness through the NDP, I wondered where that kind of happiness was in me. That's why I want to work at a daycare or something like the camp Jeff and Kenny did in Interact Club after I ORD. To find the innocence I've lost through growing up.

Tomorrow, Sentosa + Inception + Steamboat(?)! Awesome!


One kid's smile 
can make all the trouble
feel worth going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment