Monday, October 10, 2011

PSP Games: JAP vs. US

Now let me clarify one thing: my post title means games originating from Japan versus games created in the US. I'm not talking about games Japanese against those in English.

This post is just for me to show you all games worth playing on PSP, and I'll show you how Japan totally owns the PSP games industry. But let's take a look at US games first!


#1 Pro Evolution Soccer series
Now, I'm not a huge soccer fan, so I do not see the joy of playing the game. But because a lot of guys enjoy soccer and have PSPs, it seems that P.E.S. is the soccer game for fans and e-sports gamers.

#2 Grand Theft Auto series
Freedom. In almost every sense. That's what this game offers you. You can rob, beat up, kill, hijack, pimp, and roam around in this game series. Rockstar definitely brought gaming violence to a whole new level, but we gamers are not complaining! Chinatown got a bit lame though, with that top-down view and cartoon style...

#3 Burnout series
The Burnout series is definitely an adrenaline rush! Speeding through traffic and taking down cars can never be more awesome than this.

#4 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
This game is just amazing for it's gameplay and storyline. Especially the storyline. And despite the lack of action, the music and surroundings are enough to creep me out and play on! Although, I actually gave up halfway because I hated the part where you were to escape the nightmares.

#5 God of War series
Ah yes... the coolest, bloodiest game I can think of. GoW let's you beat the crap out of monsters and watch blood splatter as you slay them in the most sadistic ways. Plus, mini sex games to show that Kratos IS a god.

#6 Marvel Ultimate Alliance (just the first game. the second one sucked ttm)
All comic book fans rejoiced as this great game united superheroes around the Marvel Universe for the first time to please it's audience.

Well, that's all I can think of for US-originated games. Now to show you how the Japanese do it!

#1 Persona 3 Portable
I'd mention the whole series that has been put into PSP, but I'm playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin and it's not that fantastic. P3P, however, is pure awesome. So loving the game!

#2 Monster Hunter series
To create your own armor, your own weapon, and hunt huge monsters with your friends... need I say more? Oh, and those felyne partners are soooooo cute!

#3 Metal Gear Solid series
Portable Ops was great. I've never really played MGS before this game, and I really enjoyed it. The motion-comic style cinematics were definitely cool too. Peace Walker was just as good, with new weapons and toys to play with.

#4 Patapon series
Admit it. You've heard it. Pata-pata-pata-pon! I only tried the third one though.

#5 DJ Max Portable series
Probably the best music game on PSP, this series had it's fair share of awesomeness(Portable 2) and lameness(Black Square).

#6 Dissidia series
I've not tried this game before, but I've seen the reviews and people playing it. And that's enough to know that it's a popular game.

#7 Valkyria Chronicles 2
I truly enjoyed every minute playing this game. The characters, the story, the gameplay... sigh. Really great game!

#8 Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force series
Yes, I know, why mention a children's card game? But, I like this game! Considering how few people play this card game in real life, I'm glad I get to still enjoy it in my PSP! And for a card game, it is quite good. Thousands of cards to customize your deck from.

#9 Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact
I've never watched Naruto in my entire life, nor have I played this game. But friends have been seen addicted to this game.

#10 Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
This game was highly anticipated and liked by Kingdom Hearts fans. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

#11 Tekken series
The fighting game successfully extended to the PSP consoles, even cooler than Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, simply because it's 3D.

#12 Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
People were dying to get a PSP just to play this game, and I must say, it was really promising the entire(and only) 5 mins I ever spent playing the game. Sorry, not a FF fan!

And that's all I can think of for now. But come on, you have to admit that JAP games are much better!haha

Okay, time to nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment