Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Full Throttle

Okay, I'll take some time to blog my weekend!

Saturday was an iConserve meeting, where we get to meet some of the freshmen who decided to join our project! I for one did not expect us to be playing games, and I felt a bit lazy and some sense of dread(?) of playing ice-breaking games. Yet I somehow got so involved in the games I just got carried away and had a lot of fun! Even though I got my nice shirt dirty with camo cream, I definitely enjoyed the entire session!

Sunday was newspaper collection at Teck Whye, which is all the way at Choa Chu Kang area! Sure, it's far, but bus 966 made it convenient. Quite a lot of interesting things happened during the collection. There was one unit which was empty when I peeked through the window. The door itself looked so run-down, I should've guessed that nobody stayed there. But the horrible part was when I looked in, I saw what looked like stains on the floor inside. Took me a while to realize that those "stains" were actually dead cockroaches! And there were so many! Really disturbing sight. At one block I stumbled upon a very young couple(they were younger than me) cuddling and what-not at the staircase. I intentionally walk past them just to interrupt their lovey-dovey time. Evil me.haha Walked around until my legs were at the brink of giving way. It was tiring, but rather fulfilling!

Yesterday I went to school to study and help to roll the newspapers for our large newspaper house! I got a sudden idea about making a video, and decided to work on it yesterday evening. The thing is, there will be CSP talks today and tomorrow, so I wanted the video up by last night to be shown today. So I spent around 5 hours to complete the video(technically I waited around an hour just to get the photos). If you haven't seen it, do check it out on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNYwCa8iIE

I recently started watching an anime called Usagi Drop, which turns out to originally be a manga. In fact a movie adaptation is coming out this year based on the manga. Before you all scream "chibi" and what-not, let me say that I'm watching it because it's simply magnificent. The storyline is rather simple yet interesting, and the characters behave in ways you can relate to in real life. The visual of the anime is drawn and colored rather nicely too. I can see why they want to make this into a real life movie, even though all I've watched is one episode. It looks like a very plain yet heartwarming anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment