Saturday, November 5, 2011

Teamwork Without Team Is Just... Work

I'm not sure what I am about to say is justifiable, because maybe it's just me being unreasonable. Wanted to blog this on that day itself, since I was raging inside. But I've kinda calmed down now. Kinda. Well, here goes...

For my statistics class, we were suppose to do a report as a group and submit it to the professor. That day when the group decided their tasks to do, I was busy at my CCA, DJ-ing. So when I went home and finally see the huge discussion that had occurred in my absence, I realized there was not really much for me to do for the preparation of the report.

Fast forward to a few days later, during the meeting. Feeling bad for still haven't been able to contribute(I
'm the only guy and the oldest in the group), I offered to compile the report together. Least I could do, right?

Well, the day before the submission, which I was going to do the compiling since I had a big presentation to settle that day, my friend SMS-ed me(and along with the whole group) that the report was compiled. And honestly, I was am pretty pissed. I mean, that was my part. My only big contribution to the group, and it gets taken away like that. Might as well not put my name in the report. And everyone's gonna think: Oh this guy is in our group but he didn't do shit for it, aka free rider. If you just trust me to complete the compiling, at least I could've contributed to the report. But as of now, I did zilch. Like, fucking zero. Aren't we suppose to be a team? When I kinda told my friend that the part was suppose to be my task, she replied, "You guilty?" What are you trying to imply? So don't blame me for being anal about it. I wanted to contribute, you decided to jump the gun, and assume I'm guilty. Real nice.

There's a difference being called a team player and actually being one.

I don't bitch in people's face. I bitch here.

No comments:

Post a Comment