Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Life Lessons

Well, today I learnt two lessons. One at the price of $40, which is quite stupid.

You see, since last Friday, I've been organizing a movie outing for my accounting group for this coming Friday. We were to watch movie and have dinner. I was really pissed off today when 3 of the 6 confirmed going suddenly say they were not going, because of something. I never like this kind of stunts. So, in my really unhappy state, I told everyone that I'd cancel it. One of the remaining friends who was still going commented that she already turned down her other friends to watch with us, and that sentence struck me.

Because of a few people backing out, I gave up entirely on the plan, which included those who were still going. And I realized, in a way, I was giving up. And I told myself never to give up in anything, or anyone, since quite some time ago. There's a story for that, but I shall not talk about it today. Anyway, I realized I should continue the outing, instead of cancelling it on behalf of my frustration. Because that would be unfair to the rest. So I decided to continue the outing. I'm glad my friend's sentence shook me before I did something stupid. Because, no matter what, be it something you're doing, or a friend of yours, you never give up. Never.

Okay, now for the second lesson, which is pretty stupid, if you ask me. I went to book the tickets for the movie for the first time ever, and I unknowingly booked for today, instead of Friday. Which meant I lost $40. GV doesn't allow cancellation after confirmation either. Oh well, lesson learnt. Never be complacent. I should've checked my booking before confirming. Plus, I should not do it when I just wake up from an awesome nap. HAHA

Downloading the Tintin cartoon! And how can the movie trailer look boring? It's so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment