Saturday, November 5, 2011

DC Universe Online Is Go!

Well, DCUO is finally F2P! I know, I'm a cheapo for not wanting to pay for the game, but I'll never pay for a game. Except maybe Yu-Gi-Oh!... Anyway, DCUO, like all other MMORPG that suddenly faces a huge wave of new players, suffered from quite a bit of server updates. The past few days, every morning, I'd face the "World Down" message and be unable to play. And I realize that a lot of people are taking the "Hero" path, meaning the heroes server is really packed and laggy. Thank God I followed my friends and go villain style!
The game is pretty good, allowing you to choose your movement(super speed, acrobatics, flight), your weapon(dual wield, dual pistol, one handed weapon, martial arts, rifle,etc), your special power(ice, fire, gadgets, magic, nature,etc) and most importantly your costume. Heck, you can make them look like characters you know! I think you can make Final Fantasy's Cloud if you want. I saw a Magneto and Doctor Doom in-game already! I would like more variety for the tops and bottoms though. Still, I made my character one of my liking, and started the game. I was quite regretful for using acrobatics, because all they could do was run on walls and jump around. Going from one end of the city to another was pure torture. However, turns out there was a skill called "Rocket powered Glide" under my Acrobatics skills that I unlocked, and that was as good as flying. So I got Acrobatics+Flight. Nice.

The game, like any MMORPG, has missions to do, and they are ranked according to level. But don't be fooled. My level 10 babe got thrashed by a level 9 Starfire in one of my missions, and I'm waiting for my friends to help me out in this mission. That leads to my second plus point. This game allows you to party up(even the F2P players) and do missions for each other! I just finished trying that out, and it's a green light.

The DC universe characters you meet is quite cool. I've already beaten up Bane with the help of Killer Croc. I bashed Donna Troy and got BBQ-ed by Starfire. I even teamed up with Catwoman to take down the Huntress. I've only just started, but this game looks promising for DC fans.(Not to be an ass, but I'm waiting for Marvel. Marvel over DC any day, except when it comes to cartoons!)

No comments:

Post a Comment