Friday, November 19, 2010

Million Dollar Baby

I watched Million Dollar Baby a few weeks back, but keep forgetting to mention it on my blog! Well, now I shall! Because this is one nice, touching story about dreams and the underdogs. Before watching the movie I had no clue what the movie was about. But as I watched on I expected a happy ending where the girl wins the title and happily ever after. However, not all endings are meant to be happy. This is one of the best movies I've ever watched, despite the fact that I prefer movies with happy endings. (500) Days Of Summer is another movie I really love for it's story!

Then there's the mind-boggling movies that impresses me like Inception, Shutter Island and Saw I and II. I admit Saw movies are gory, but the first two movies had better plot twists and less gore.

Movies like the Spider-man trilogy and Transformers and Batman Begins plus Dark Knight are enjoyed, well, because I like the action and superhero stuff :D

Today I watched Toy Story 3 and I love it! Really great ending to the wonderful trilogy! Think I shall get the DVDs to support it, instead of all the downloading. It's great movies like these that do not deserve to be pirated. I mean, you can go upload Tekken or Jonah Hex for all I care.



Jessie: Woody, we were wrong to leave Andy. I - I was wrong... 
Mr. Potato Head: Jessie's right, Woody. She was wrong. 


I remember every Chinese New Year I'd ask my friends about their family gathering, as a very big one that starts from your grand-grandparents all the way to you. That is one huge family gathering. But everyone would say that they only gathered with their direct family(I got no idea how to phrase it). That always left me puzzled, wondering if it was because nobody understood me. But then today I found out that my family has that grand family gathering is because of an aunt who is considerably far in the family tree from me. Thing is, she would plan all this Chinese New Year gatherings, which means I meet distant cousins I probably never knew existed if not for her initiative. I'm feel really fortunate to be able to know my expanded family tree.







"Maggie walked through that door with nothing buts guts. No chance in the world of being what she needed to be. It was because of you that she was fighting the championship of the world. You did that. People die everyday, Frankie - mopping floors, washing dishes and you know what their last thought is? I never got my shot. Because of you Maggie got her shot. If she dies today you know what her last thought would be? I think I did all right."


~ Eddie "Scrap Iron" Dupris, Million Dollar Baby(2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment