Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All About Weiss Schwarz

It's funny. I saw this card game around since STGCC this year, and I was wondering what was so fascinating of playing a card game involving all the anime girls. Sounds like some... fetish to me. Because all the cards seemed to be just the little girls from anime, posing and being cute and what-not.

Then I saw some card game involving Persona 3 recently, and I just had to buy it. I didn't know what card game it was, nor how to play it. It's just... PERSONA 3. Buy first, ask questions later. And I did. Turns out it was the same Japansese TCG as the one I have seen many people play.

So I went home, tried to understand the 30-page long manual, and search for translations for all the Japanese cards, but I still understood nothing. So yesterday I dropped by the shop at Dhoby Ghaut card shop and asked two guys there to teach me! And wow suddenly the game seemed much simpler! In fact, I'm enjoying the game more than Yu-Gi-Oh!, mostly because this is a balanced game and you get to form your deck around specific characters you like!

I decided to download the PSP game for it, Weiss Schwarz Portable, and give it a whirl even though it was Japanese. Unfortunately, after 5 minutes of trial and error, I still can't seem to play a single card battle. Just loads of talking that made no sense to me.

I started watching Guilty Crown, and I actually enjoy it! I think the main reason why I got hooked to it is the fact that the main character is actually pretty flawed. He is cowardly, lost, and plain noob. But as the main character, and with a wicked cool sword, I'm sure watching him transform into a real hero will be interesting. Been catching up with a lot of anime too! Like Bakuman season 2!

And somehow the screen of my phone is spoiled. It's like, one moment it was fine, next moment it's screwed. I had the phone in my hand the whole time, and I didn't drop it or anything, yet it became like that. Nokia, you disappoint me.


No comments:

Post a Comment