Thursday, May 17, 2012

D-arts Thanatos Toy Review


Sites said end of April, but I only finally got it today! The wait was torturous! But it has arrived! Or actually, I finally went to buy it once it hit the shelf. I've been waiting for this baby for months, and now I'm waiting for the P3 Protagonist figure that is expected to be out in September!


I've always been a huge Persona 3 fan. Sure, Persona 4 looks cool, and I even bought the Izanagi, but there's just something about P3 that makes me prefer it more. So when I heard that Thanatos was going to be made, I was excited. Unfortunately, by the time I discovered its existence, the pre-order was closed. So I waited for this day to come.


The box is much bigger than the one Izanagi was in, which kind of surprised me. And while the Izanagi one had the yellow color identical to it's logo and whatnot, Thanatos was in a nice white/blue one. And the box just looks so cool! Almost made me want to not open it. Almost.


One thing about opening the figure is the amount of tape they use. I had to cut away so many tapes that it made me tired. But I really wanted to display my trophy, and no amount of tape was going to stop me! Apart from the figure, you are given a stand and interchangeable hands for different poses. One thing Thanatos did not have that Izanagi had was the blue flames to make the display figure look more... action-packed(?).


The sculpting of the figure looks really good. I love the design of the "wings", and the use of "chains" on them. The mouth of Thanatos can be opened or closed, and his numerous joints allows him to pose in many ways. Putting on the wings onto the figure was a bigger challenge than anticipated, but I managed to do it eventually.


If there's one thing to point out, it is the stand. When I first put the full figure on the stand, the figure just collapsed, as the stand could not take the weight of the figure. You'll probably need a screwdriver to just tighten the joint of the stand by a bit to resolve this. Even then, it made me extra cautious about adjusting the figure too much while it was attached to the stand.


As a Persona 3 fan, I am greatly pleased with my purchase. It looks exactly like how it is in the game, and the poses it can do makes it fun. I even got to make my Izanagi pose with Thanatos! If you are a fan of the game, I'd recommend this awesome figure to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment