Wednesday, January 25, 2012

D-Arts Izanagi Toy Review


Just bought the new Izanagi from Persona 4 by D-Arts! Being a big fan of Persona 3, I slowly got interested in Persona 4(although my love is still for Persona 3)! My initial plan was to only get D-Arts Thanatos from Persona 3, which is scheduled to be released in April. And then I saw a picture of Thanatos and Izanagi battling it out, and I couldn't resist it.


This baby cost me $55, but not that I'm complaining. Purchasing toys of that price range has become rather a norm for me. Anyway, once I opened the box, all the potential regrets for purchasing this toy was gone immediately. Just from looking at the toy, without removing it from the plastic, I was amazed by the details of the figure. Every part of the persona was sculpted and painted very well, and there were several different hands for you to change.


A base is provided, which is good because I've never seen any persona stand on their feet. Just look at Izanagi's feet! The bottom of his feet were blades!


And just to let us fan boys re-enact cool poses of Izanagi, those "energy" props(sorry can't think of a good name!) are given to give more effect! Let's move on to the toy itself!


I'll start with the bad points. Well, first thing I noticed was that the head joint was rather loose. Especially after attaching the head...tails??? thing to the back of his head, Izanagi's head kinda follows where gravity takes it. But never fear! Because the adjustable... "head-tails" can rest on the stand used to prop Izanagi up, which helps solve that problem. The bigger issue is the sword. Don't worry, the sword looks AWESOME, but the toy's lanky arms are not really able to take the weight of the sword! It took me a few tries to get the sword balancing on Izanagi's wrists to take the slashing pose photo!


Moving on to the GREAT points! I love the detailing. The head itself is so cool that if I lost the whole toy except the head, I'd make it into a keychain and still be happy ^^ Just kidding. I'm really impressed with the detailing of the toy, and the toy can pose quite well too!



Well, the legs are somewhat restricted by the cape thing, but those sexy legs can still come out from underneath! With the various hand shapes, you can make your Izanagi do many memorable poses. I've not played the game(I shall, soon...) but I'm watching the anime and I know a few cool poses to do(actually I followed the box)! The "head-tail" thing is also adjustable, since it uses the ball joint to attach to the head! Plus, the stand lets you do even more poses, along with making your Izanagi look like it's hovering.



This toy is really, really good, and if you're a Persona fan you'll love it! I know I do! Sure, those two bad points may sounds turn-off, but once you hold this baby in your hands, you won't give a damn!


No comments:

Post a Comment