Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday Spirits

My friend was discussing with me what Christmas gifts to buy, and I wonder what happened. When we were young, we always looked forward to presents for Christmas. Soon, we tell our parents what we want for Christmas, which is quite sad. I mean, Christmas is not about getting what you want, but rather to exchange gifts, spend some quality time, and kinda celebrate the birth of Christ. I put kinda because I actually do not really celebrate Christmas for that..heh. And now, at 20, Christmas is just a holiday to me, where there's no work/school. I do not feel excited as Christmas approaches. I do not plan on giving gifts, though I would like the feeling of giving. Because nobody seems to exchange gifts anymore. To put in bluntly, I think the Christmas spirit is dead within me. And it sucks :(

The same can be said about birthdays. I use to tell me parents what I would want for my birthday, as if my birthday was a "I can choose what I want and they must get it for me because it's my birthday, my say" chance. And I feel rather disappointed with myself. Sure, there are things I want to get in life, but I cannot use my birthday like some trump card to get it. We should be thankful for whatever gifts we receive, because it's always the thought that counts. That's why for the past few years, whenever my parents or friends ask me what I would want for my birthday, I would tell them that it's okay, they did not need to get anything special for me.

My body is still aching... :(

Oh. I watched Grown Ups and Vampire SucksGrown Ups was okay I guess, though I think the storyline was rather blah. Vampire Sucks was considerably funny, like the wheelchair dude jumping over the tree trunk. I swear I laughed so hard at that scene, 'though I'm not sure why I found it so funny.

But if you ask for what I really wish for, is to find love :)



Oh we dreamed a life
It was just like, was like that
And just like that, and just like that it's done

~ Maria Taylor - Time Lapse Lifeline

No comments:

Post a Comment